Monday 3 June 2013

"Maybe" final post



Been a while I did not write on this blog. I will be leaving soon and I would like to confide myself. I will give you a couple of example of things I am really going to miss once back to France.


  • ·         Cool music in the shops: British music is definitely the best in the world and nothing will ever be able to replace it!! I will be missing singing along my favourite songs in the supermarket while doing the groceries. Back to France and lovely “Matt Pokora&co”

  • ·         Lovely cupcakes from the Hummingbird backery. There are in my opinion no better cupcakes in the world than those coming from the Hummingbird. Ever tried the carrot cake cupcake with cinnamon icing on the top? Now you’ve heard of it go and get one! It will change your life forever!

  • ·         Clean and calm London transports. London transports are really good, I also very much like the fact that British keep their right on escalators and do not prevent you from going up if you ever run late to the office. Not like messy France!

  • ·         The ice cream man and his lorry before 6pm. This is something we do not have in France I find it actually really sad that we don’t, children would be so happy to get ice cream in summer directly from the lorry in their street. It always comes with this little music which I must admit sounds like a horror movie one and does not make you feel quite comfortable but well, it’s great!

  • ·         Any pastry and cake sweet or savoury, scones, hot cross buns, Toffee pie, cheesecake, chicken pies, Cornish pasty… You will all be very much missed!

  • ·         Being called darling. I used to hate it months ago when people called me that at the post office or at supermarkets but now I think I like it, it’s actually very friendly and warm to be called once in your day “have a lovely day darling”.

  • ·         English. This will forever be my favourite language. German and Italian won’t ever make it. I will miss speaking this language every day and listen to it as well.

  • ·         Being in London for its cultural aspects and parks. But not so much as I am not with my half, tip: never travel “alone”.


I love the UK and I feel sorry for myself that sometimes it was not as fantastic and amazing as I wished it could have been. I sincerely hope that one day I can live in this country for more than 6 months. Next time I will travel, I want my one to be part of it, I want a better job and I want to enjoy every corner of this beautiful country!

Long live the UK, the Queen, the Rain and all its People!
Goodbye and remember mind the gap, anywhere you go in this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment