Saturday 12 January 2013

London - Day 1 -

London, what a beautiful city, there is nothing like London in the whole world. Though yet I am too tired to even realise I am in one of the biggest city in the world, I feel pretty amused of what this stay is going to offer me.

So first impressions of Great-Britain. I will always be amazed of the size of their underground and how efficient and organised it is. Though I almost died inside this tiny tube, there are so many people in those tiny trains, you would think you are about to die when seated, you cannot see anything but people, the air is smelly and hot and the atmosphere is kind of stressfull and noisy. I am not clostrophobic but once I was in, there was only one thing I wanted the most, get out! 

Of course comming to London for a five-months-stay requires to take lots of luggages with you. As you can imagine, this has been a real pain in the arse to travel from London Heathrow to Leytonstone. If there is one thing we could reproach the British is the lack of elevators and lifts at some underground stop. My 25 kg luggage was just impossible to carry and I am very thankful and grateful to those unknown people who helped me carrying up and down the stairs those heavy luggages! 

The weather. I guess you cannot possibly write about London without mentionning the weather. Well to be quite honnest, there is nothing to say, it is just like anywhere else in Europe at the moment: BLOODY COLD!

Final point of this one day journey across London, a nice cup of tea always cheers you up, so people staying in the UK, do not forget, you cannot stay in this country and not drink tea at least twice or once a day, that would be very unbritish so to say.

Now all I am looking for is a good night of sleep so I can be prepared for the very first Sunday in this country. 

I will keep you updated, for now I shall stay on my bed like a dead oyster.

Keep up and mind the gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment