Tuesday 15 January 2013

London - Day 3 -


I do not really hate Mondays. I must say this one has been half as productive as I wanted it to be. I guess things cannot always go the way we wish they did, but well in a few weeks, I guess I will be missing those long and eventless days.

It was not so eventless to be honest. Finally got a phone number and got to visit one of the biggest malls in Europe: Westfield Stratford. It is nothing like the one I have in Lyon. This one is opened and you have got space to walk, it does not feel too small and there is enough space to breathe. It actually looks like a tiny city inside. It was worth going there!

For those of you who are still skeptical about British gastronomy. Then you should know that nowadays British can cook. Yes, it is pretty shocking, I know it but it is. I discovered not so long ago that they appeared to have more and more chiefs and more cooking books than in France. This is a miracle… Well this is probably very French to look down on their gastronomy… Anyway, my point is, that yesterday evening, I have had a sweet surprise while eating, and I thank Tony for the great food, you really put the level high on that one!

Something I found really interesting to mention as well is their TV show. I watched this on the TV yesterday about mum giving birth… Well I will certainly not describe the scenes but I can tell you that it was gross and that French TV really has its way of protecting our poor little eyes and feelings.

On a more serious note.  British accent is really tough to understand; I heard this northern accent and thought to myself that it was really tough and disgusting… Though, it was really interesting to hear the difference from the south. When they pronounce baby it actually sounds like the French pronunciation “baybay”.

Another interessant day in the UK. I’ll write to you again later for the sum up of my fourth day in the land of Queen Elisabeth II. Till then, keep up and mind the gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment